Friday, May 13, 2011

Thoughts...

Having a new baby is sure a new adjustment! I love baby grahm more that words can even describe, But along with that love are many trials!
- I now know how hard it is to go ANYWHERE, I have to time when to feed him so that he wont be hungry while we are gone.. make sure we have diapers, wipes, burp clothes , etc. packed in the diaper bag.
- Sleeping is gone, Between Josh and I we are up almost every few hours to feed or change diapers or entertain.
- I miss Josh, Even though he is here all the time I miss watching movies or cooking dinner, Now one of us is always watching the baby while the other is sleeping, cooking, or cleaning.
- Breast feeding, It has been such a trial for me, From him to latching on to loosing my milk. I know have to start using formula which is harder for grahm and makes me feel like a failure. It has been the most discouraging thing for me.
- Baby Blues.. Having your life change so much in one day is not easy especially when your hormones are crazy. Each day just thinking of breast feeding, or the messy house brings me to tears, The smallest things make me cry.. I cant wait til i Feel normal again.

The other day, while feeling all these emotions I called my mom.. She shared with me a message she had in church on mothers day, About how as mothers god wont give us anything we cant handle, and when it gets to much he will send down angels to help. I believe this, after a very hard week and a half yesterday was the best day I have had since having grahm.. My love for him is so strong and I would gladly take all the trials for him!
Also after praying for help I went to the mailbox and pulled out the general conference ensign, I remember a talk I had heard from Elder Lynn G Robbins. He said

"A sweet and obedient child will enroll a father or mother only in Parenting 101. If you are blessed with a child who tests your patience to the nth degree, you will be enrolled in Parenting 505. Rather than wonder what you might have done wrong in the premortal life to be so deserving, you might consider the more challenging child a blessing and opportunity to become more godlike yourself. With which child will your patience, long-suffering, and other Christlike virtues most likely be tested, developed, and refined? Could it be possible that you need this child as much as this child needs you?

I loved this, I know that I need grahm as much as he needs me! He has such a sweet spirit and whenever i look at him I see a beautiful child of god! I am so thankful for the gospel, and for the lord knowing what I need!

3 comments:

John and Anna said...

I think Motherhood really is the best and hardest thing in this life.
I love what your mom said about Angels helping. I have felt that help many times. Luckily we don't have to do anything 100% alone. :)
Love you Em! You are an amazing Mother! Don't ever forget that! :)

{haley} said...

Breastfeeding was a HUGE struggle for both Colbie and me, and I had to switch to formula, too... For the first few weeks I felt so incredibly guilty and like a complete failure, but remember that breastfeeding is not the only way that you care for and connect with your sweet baby.

Hang in there... The first few months are hard, but once you come out the other end, you'll know that you can do anything (with a little help...). :-)

Enjoy your sweet boy!

Condie Family said...

You are doing an awesome job! It isn't easy being a mother and you're doing a great job.